Politics, Economics & Current Affairs
Courses Online & In London
Our politics and current affairs courses will help you understand the changing world around us:
- Want to get to grips with the issues dominating today’s headlines or develop your understanding of different political systems?
- Keen to discuss fake news and propaganda or eager to use key concepts to analyse politics?
- Eager to make sense of politics in the US, the EU, the emerging BRICS powers (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa)? Want to learn more about global issues such as conflict and migration?
Our politics and current affairs courses, whether short or long, in the classroom or online, offer something for everyone.
If interested in our advanced politics course, please contact politics coordinator Martin Jorgensen at Martin.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Money – myths, magic, morals and marketsFull fee £189.00 Senior fee £189.00 Concession £123.00
- Global issues
- Rising powers: ChinaCourse start date: Tue 12 Sep 2023 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Sebastien ArdouinThe spectacular rise of China is one of the most significant developments of the last decades. What explains it and what does it mean for China itself and the world?Full fee £269.00 Senior fee £215.00 Concession £175.00
- Ideals, principles and myths: making sense of political ideologyCourse start date: Mon 29 Jan 2024
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Christian SchneeWant to make sense of ideology in what is a confusing – or at times even bewildering-- arena of political discourse? If so, this course with Dr Christian Schneeis the right course for you.Full fee £179.00 Senior fee £143.00 Concession £116.00
- The future of democracyCourse start date: Mon 15 Apr 2024
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Christian SchneeWant to think about and discuss what makes and breaks a democracy? Join Dr. Christian Schnee to engage in this vital discussion.Full fee £99.00 Senior fee £79.00 Concession £64.00
- Why do we obey? The politics of obedienceCourse start date: Tue 16 Apr 2024
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Christian MichelWe groan against bosses, berate politicians, demonstrate against most aspects of the social system, and then humbly take our orders from above. Is obedience imprinted in our genes? How submissive must people be for society to function? In this short course we will discuss the politics of obedience – drawing on psychology, anthropology, history, and political philosophy.
- More current affairsCourse start date: Wed 10 Jan 2024 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Michael BloomfieldContinue your exploration of current affairs through lively, informed discussion. Run as a tutor-moderated discussion group of current news events. This course follows on from 'Current affairs' but new students are welcome. Tutor: Michael Bloomfield.
Can't see a course you want?
Add this category to your waiting list to set up alerts and we will update you when new courses are released online.Add me to waiting list