What is the course about?
Focusing mainly on oral communication, this course will help you to communicate more comfortably in Irish at a lower intermediate level.
What will we cover?
- Health, body & wellbeing
- Around the house
- Development of present/past/future tenses.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Feel confident using phrases on the topic of body & health
- Express emotions and feelings using clear and simple language
- Have a basic knowledge of useful, practical language for everyday living at home & around the house.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is intended for those who have completed Irish 2: Module 2 or who have studied Irish for over a year. If you are a speaker of Irish who is coming back to the language after a while it may also be suitable. Contact the languages department for more information if you are unsure of your level.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This course will be delivered online, and will involve tutor presentation and class discussion. Student preparation and homework outside class times is strongly encouraged. To fully participate in this online class you will need:
- An email address
- A reliable internet connection
- A computer/laptop/tablet with a fully updated browser (preferably google chrome). Your device will need a microphone, and preferably a camera.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details