What is the course about?
This course will enable you to practise and consolidate some vocabulary and grammar structures learned at elementary and lower intermediate level through a variety of speaking and listening activities.
What will we cover?
Topics: holidays and past events
- Grammar: Difference between "passato prossimo" and "imperfetto"
- talk about future plans (the future tense).
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- talk about past holidays using both perfect and imperfect tenses
- talk about holiday plans using the future tense
- report personal experiences in the past.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is aimed at students who have studied the language for about two to three years recently or have an equivalent level of the language. Suitable if you have completed Italian 2: practise and consolidate module 2.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Based on tutor's own material.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
A 2 upper or 3 lower course depending on your level. Ask your tutor for advice or contact Languages for further information.
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details