Nutrition, supplements and exercise to lose weight and stay lighter - permanently
Time: 10:00 - 13:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: FNR96
Duration: 2 sessions (over 2 weeks)
What is the course about?
This course will give you the knowledge you need to create a healthy, tasty diet that will help you to lose weight and keep it off, learning which foods promote weight gain and which are safe to eat. Discover different ways to fit activity into your life, even if you hate exercise, and find out which weight loss supplements really work.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- Good carbs and bad carbs: is there any such thing?
- The importance of protein
- Weight loss supplements: which ones work and which are a waste of money
- Finding ways to make exercise do-able for you
- Designing a weight loss diet that you can stick to and enjoy
- The truth about fat.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Devise a healthy diet which will promote weight loss and suit you
- Understand which fats to include in your diet
- Have a clear understanding of portion size and how frequently some foods can be eaten
- Know which weight loss supplements are worth buying
- Devise an activity programme for yourself.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
No prior knowledge of nutrition is required or special skills needed.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
There will be a variety of teaching methods including group work, pair work, short videos, presentations, and class discussions.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please bring a pen and paper.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You may wish to attend one of the other courses taught by Ellie Holly including Vegan and Vegetarian vitality: a nutritional guide; Nutrition for a healthy gut; Nutrition for cardivascular health.
Ellie Holly has been practising herbal medicine and nutritional therapy for almost twenty years. She is highly qualified and experienced at treating patients with a wide range of health issues. She has been devising, writing and delivering nutrition courses to adults for over ten years. Ellie is passionate about using her knowledge to educate and enlighten people with energy and enthusiasm so that they are empowered to make positive changes in their diets and lifestyles. To find out more about Ellie, the courses she teaches and her work seeing patients in private practise, please visit her website: www.hollyhealthcare.co.uk
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.