What is the course about?
The course is to acquaint students with vocabulary connected with daily routine, travelling and past and future events and to improve basic vocabulary bank.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Based on "Hurra po polsku" units 6-10 and additional materials supplied by the tutor.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- talk about daily routine using time and places
- use instrumental case to communicate in different means of transport
- suggest, accept, and reject meetings
- use accusative and genitive case to communicate in shops
- use future and past tense to describe events.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should have completed Polish beginners: module 1 or have an equivalent level.
For further details of the specific foreign language skills required for this level, please see the languages self-assessment chart, using the link at the top of this page. You can also find the chart at the start of the languages section in our course guide. You will also need to be able to respond to simple instructions and read course documents in English and be at ease with the use of number for daily activities (e.g using money, telling the time, etc).
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Course book: Hurra!!! Po Polsku: Student's Textbook. ISBN 978-8360229248
Please try: The European Bookshop www.europeanbookshop.com (020 7734 5259) or Grant and Cutler at Foyles-www.foyles.co.uk/languages (020 7440 3248).
Other material will be provided by tutor.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Polish beginners module 3. Please enrol as early as possible to avoid disappointment.