What is the course about?
Screenwriting is an ideal way to explore themes, events, and characters, and to re-ignite our imaginations. In this short, one-off taster session you'll have fun and express yourself through guided writing exercises, and try out your skills to produce some original writing. This course will be delivered online.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Some basic screenwriting principles
Writing exercises to help you to discover ideas and characters for a film or TV script
Where to find further resources.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Discuss a scene from a film or TV episode with confidence
- Produce an original piece of creative writing
- Find resources to help you develop your writing further.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an introductory course suitable for anyone who wants to try screenwriting. You should have a good grasp of spoken and written English, and you should feel comfortable learning online.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- Interactive tutor presentation
- Guided writing exercises
- Group discussion
This course will be delivered online. There will be no work outside class.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
No additional costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You can enrol on one of our longer screenwriting course Ways into Screenwriting. Or why not try one of our other introductory creative writing courses, such as Ways into Creative Writing: a Gentle Pace, Ways into Creative Writing, Ways into Playwriting, or Ways into Poetry?