What is the course about?
This course is to enable you to learn basic Swedish, but also to discover some of the cultural aspects of Sweden.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
You will learn vocabulary and basic Swedish structures covering: introducing oneself, personal information, shopping, directions, buying / ordering food.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- introduce oneself
- as for and give basic personal information
- talk simply about your routine
- understand prices and simple signs in a shop
- order food in a restaurant.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for complete beginners.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Your tutor will advise you on your course material on the first session.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You can carry on studying Swedish by joining Swedish beginners: module 2 in January.