What is the course about?
This course is to enable you to learn basic Swedish, but also to discover some of the cultural aspecs of Sweden.
What will we cover?
You will learn vocabulary and basic Swedish structures covering: introducing oneself, personal information, shopping, directions, buying/ordering food.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- introduce yourself
- ask and give basic personal information
- tell the time
- talk simply about your routine
- understand prices and simple signs in a shop
- order food in a restaurant.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Your tutor will advise you on your course material on the first session.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Your tutor will give advice on what your next step will be.
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details