Time: 10:30 - 12:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Sorry, this course is now full
What is the course about?
Explore aspects of Dickens life and work relating to nineteenth century London.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Dickens and his 19th century London.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Summarise Dickens life and work
- Define the relationship between Dickens work and 19th century London life
- Identify key London landmarks mentioned in Dickens work.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Suitable for anyone who is interested in London history.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Other London guided walks . Please see the City Lit website.