Helping you to succeed on your course
Access and support services from City Lit
Are you thinking of going to college or university? Are you on a course now? City Lit can provide excellent high quality communication and tutorial support to help you to succeed.
Why is City Lit London’s top provider of support for deaf students?
- We have almost 100 years of experience of working with deaf and hard of hearing people.
- You will meet us face-to-face to discuss the support you need and we help you to plan the support that is best for you.
- We have specialist language support tutors, Sign Language interpreters, communication support workers (CSWs), notetakers and transcribers who can work with you. All of our support workers are very experienced and well qualified.
- You will have a support tutor you can contact directly to discuss any problems on your course, your support needs or any other issues.
- Your support tutor will be a qualified English teacher who can use BSL. They can support you 1:1 with English reading, writing, study skills and more.
- We will work closely with your Disability Advisor and course tutors to make sure that everyone is deaf aware. This includes free deaf awareness training and materials for tutors and students – you can come along and be involved too if you want to.
- City Lit has a student support officer who is hearing but uses BSL. She can help you with careers advice, benefits problems, form filling – anything.
For more information or an application form, please contact us:
Phone: 020 7492 2722 or SMS: 07624 818 554