Italian 3 upper: module 2
Time: 19:35 - 21:05
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
What is the course about?
On this course you will improve your oral and written fluency in Italian by reading and discussing extracts from newspaper articles and literary texts as well as watching video clips and listening to authentic audio materials. You will also revise/consolidate grammar in order to improve accuracy in the spoken and written language.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Based on Units 8 & 9 from Nuovo Espresso 3 (Alma Edizioni)
Topics: environmental issues; personal relations
Grammar: If-clauses (subjunctive pluperfect + past conditional); direct and reported speech.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- express & debate opinions on day-to-day matters & environmental issues based on written materials
- ask for & give personal information & preferences
- comment on written texts
- extract specific information when listening to dialogues at normal speed
- express the consequences of given conditions (if-clauses subjunctive + conditional)
- report what other people have said.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Stage 3: upper - This course is suitable for you if you have studied the Italian language for about 3/4 years or lived in the country. You should also have an interest in Italian culture.
For further details of the specific foreign language skills required for this level, please see the languages self-assessment chart, using the link at the top of this page. You can also find the chart at the start of the languages section in our course guide. You will also need to be able to respond to simple instructions and read course documents in English and be at ease with the use of number for daily activities (e.g. using money, telling the time, etc).
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Textbook: Nuovo Espresso 3 (Alma Edizioni) Units 8-9. Photocopies on some topics will be provided by the tutor. Please try: The Italian Bookshop - www.italianbookshop.co.uk (020 7240 1634).
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Italian 3 Upper: Module 3.. Please enrol as soon as possible as spaces cannot be guaranteed.