Korean 3: module 3
Time: 18:00 - 19:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LKR33
Duration: 10 sessions (over 10 weeks)
Please note: We offer a wide variety of financial support to make courses affordable. Just visit our online Help Center for more information on a range of topics including fees, online learning and FAQs.
What is the course about?
Korean 3 is for learners who have studied Korean for about 2 years (or have the equivalent level, and will focus on improving your speaking and listening skills while still enabling you to work on your reading and writing in Korean.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
* Describing nouns with verbs ; Verb + conjugation
* To decide to do: verb + decide to do
* Because (of) ; verb + Because
* Let's/ Shall
* There is no problem if ; verb + conjugation
* Prohibition ; verb + should not/ can't
* Additional ending ; Adjective/Verb conjugations
* Would you like me to/ Shall I ; Verb +would you like me to?
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
* How to use to refer to an event, activity, action, or a state as a noun.
* How to the end of a sentence or clause to indicate that one “decides to do” an action.
* how to use between two clauses to create the meaning of “because,” “so” or “therefore.”
* How to use two common endings that you can use to suggest that you do something with another person.
* How to indicate that here is no problem if something is or is not done.
* Express the prohibition or limitation of particular action of the listener.
* Express one's disagreement with or opposition to what somebody says
* How to offer help or do a favour for somebody.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
The course is for learners who have studied Korean for about 2 years, or students who have a similar level based on studying elsewhere or having spent time in Korea.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Our courses are characterised by spoken interaction and communication. Typical activities include pair work, group work, role plays and games. A range of resources will be used to support your learning including presentations, hand-outs, and audio-visual material.
Homework is highly recommended to consolidate learning.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Sogang Korean 2A: Student's book.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Korean 4 module: 1.
Jaeran is a language teacher with over 20 years of experience . Originally from Seoul, South Korea, she moved to London after earning her Bachelor and Masters degrees, as well as a Certificate in Education. Here, she worked as a professional translator for businesses and institutions such as the Court of justice, which led her to teaching Korean as a foreigin language, first privately and then in various further education institutions. This soon became her full time career, and since then she has taught Korean language and culture to adults and young adults at all levels, from absolute beginner to advanced, often supporting their studies or their entrance exams (e.g. at SOAS). Jaeran's lessons are always fun and lively, and incorporate examples and exercises taken from contemporay Korean culture such as TV dramas and K-Pop.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.