Learn English - learn about London (entry 2-entry 3)
Time: 09:45 - 12:15
Location: Keeley Street
You need to do a pre-course assessment face-to-face or online. Contact email@example.com / 020 7492 2511 or click the Start Assessment button on this page. Log on with your email address (not name).
This course is FREE if a) you are on a Low Wage or b) you are either on Jobseekers' Allowance (JSA) or Employment & Support Allowance(ESA) or c) you want to get a job or progress into a better job and you receive other state benefits (including Universal Credit). For more information click here
Check your level
Course Code: ESSS1
Duration: 6 sessions (over 3 weeks)
What is the course about?
This course will help you learn about London and improve your English at the same time. You will learn about different places in London and about people who have lived there – in the past and now. You will also learn about important events in the past and present. You will visit places. You will read about these places and talk or write about them. You will also talk about how you feel about living in London. You will improve your vocabulary, your grammar, your writing, reading, listening and speaking.
What will we cover?
• visits to important and interesting areas of London
• the history of these places and the people who live there
• the vocabulary to describe places and peoples
• the language for giving opinions
• the grammar to talk about change including verb tenses
• writing correct sentences and paragraphs.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• feel more at home in London
• describe, talk and/or write about areas of London, the people who live there
• talk and write about important events in London’s history
• use a wide range vocabulary to describe people and places
• use language to give opinions and make comments
• use a verb tenses to talk about the past and about change.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is for Entry 2-3 i.e. elementary/pre-intermediate ESOL students. It is for anyone who wants communicate basic in everyday life and learn more about London life.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will learn in a supportive and welcoming environment with an emphasis on your discovering how to do and complete tasks, with guidance from the tutor. You will visit places in London work a lot with other students.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There should be no additional costs since the places visited will be free. But you should bring a pen, paper and folder to class.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
There are many courses you can do before, during or after this course. These include:
• ESOL entry 2
• ESOL entry 3 (speaking and listening)
• ESOL entry 3 (reading and writing)
• ESOL entry 2-entry 3
• ESOL: Develop your listening skills (entry 3)
• ESOL: Thinking in English (entry 3-level 1)
• Office skills for ESOL students (entry 3-level 1)
• ESOL: Learn about London, its people and your rights (entry 3-level 1)
• ESOL and singing: sing your way to better English (entry 3 - level 2)
• Grammar in practice: intermediate (entry 3-level 1)
Ask your tutor or contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7492 2511 for more details.