Did you know that City Lit has music practice rooms you can hire by the hour. We also have two electronic keyboards available for practice (2nd floor Student Lounge: free, but no booking system). The most affordable practice facilties in central London!
These are not available at the moment, due to the COVID-19 crisis, but will be available again once the City Lit building is able to open again.
To anyone currently enrolled in a City Lit Music course
- Monday–Wednesday 9:00–18:00
- Thursday–Friday 9:00–20:00
- Saturday & Sunday 9:30–16:00 (must be pre-booked & -paid)
- Acoustic Piano
- Piano stool
- Music stands
NB there are no amplifiers in practice rooms
- Cost: £7 (full) / £4 (conc) per hour, effective 7 September 2016
You need to pay at the time of booking
How to book
Book over the phone on (020) 7831 7831 or in oerson at ourStudent Centre counter (Mezzanine)
You may book up to 2 weeks in advance at the following times:
- Mondays-Fridays: before 19:00
- Saturdays: before 14:00
Please remember to collect your practice-room key from Reception, and return it promptly at the end of your booking.
You must give at least 24 hours’ notice to cancel or reschedule your booking without cost
Conditions of use
- No food or drink allowed
- No guests allowed; the room is for the use only of the student(s) who make the booking
- Students are working unsupervised, therefore accept personal liability in case of any accidents, damage to equipment or facilities, loss of the room key
- These rooms are, in part, public funded. Therefore they must not be used for private teaching or any other commerical activity
If there is an emergency evacuation, collect your personal belongsing, exit using the nearest stairs and fire exits on the ground floor, then assemble in Kean Street, south of Keeley St. Report to a City Lit staff member so that someone knows you are safe.
For more information, please watch our short video Safety at City Lit (Keeley Street)