Using Apple Mac OS: a detailed introduction
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
Location: Keeley Street
Course Code: CAW19
Choose a start date
Duration: 4 sessions (over 4 weeks)
Please note: We offer a wide variety of financial support to make courses affordable. Just visit our online Help Center for more information on a range of topics including fees, online learning and FAQs.
What is the course about?
This is an ideal course for Apple Mac users with little or no previous experience. Discover how your Mac computer works, the common functions and their applications. Through simple, step-by-step instructions, this course offers you the chance to get to know and understand how the Apple Mac operating system works and how to use it.
What will we cover?
• Parts of the computer and how they function together
• The Apple Mac desktop, menu bar, dock and icons
• The Finder and Finder windows
• Folders, Documents (Files) and folder structure
• Creating and saving folders
• Settings and customising the computer
• Using applications and programs
• Basic tasks such as copying, pasting and saving documents
• Basic word processing and using the web
• Introduction to key computer concepts and terminology
• Learn how to use the Apple Mac
• Working with icons, menus, disks and drives
• Working with a document
• Different applications and common functions.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Use the mouse - clicking, double clicking, clicking and dragging
• Operate the computer using the finder desktop, menu bar and dock
• Locate, open, move, create, save and delete files and folders
• Use the internet as a resource
• Produce and save a basic word processing document.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for complete beginners - no previous experience or knowledge is necessary. You should be able to follow spoken instructions, read written instructions and information, and discuss work with your tutor.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Step by step instruction, with demonstrations where appropriate, will help you grasp the concepts.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs. Computers are provided for each student with all the necessary software installed.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Please click here to view all our courses in the Technology area.
Michael Harding was born in Canada, where he studied cinema and photography at Concordia University, Montréal, before moving to the UK. Since then, he has created striking images of architecture, art, people and landscapes for international blue-chip clients for their use in editorial, advertising and corporate applications. Michael’s work has won many industry awards, notably being selected in the Eleventh Association of Photographers Awards and further receiving a Merit Award in the Seventeenth Association of Photographers Awards. His work was selected for a Highly Commended Award in the Deutsche Bauzeitung “Visions in Architecture” European Architectural Photography prize. His work has been exhibited in both the United Kingdom and Canada. Michael has been Chairman, as well as President, of the Association of Photographers (AOP). The AOP is Europe’s most established organisation for professional photographers, working to ensure greater recognition for all professional photographers, as well as working to positively influence legislators in the UK and Europe for the benefit of all photographers.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.