City Lit Pro: start a career in digital marketing
Time: 10:00 - 17:00
Location: Keeley Street
- Course Code: CPRO05
- Dates: 16/06/24 - 30/06/24
- Time: 10:00 - 17:00
- Taught: Sun, Daytime
- Duration: 3 sessions (over 3 weeks)
- Location: Keeley Street
- Tutor: Kate Scott
Course Code: CPRO05
Duration: 3 sessions (over 3 weeks)
Please note: We offer a wide variety of financial support to make courses affordable. Just visit our online Help Center for more information on a range of topics including fees, online learning and FAQs.
What is the course about?
A fast-start introduction to the world of digital marketing and its components. It is an introduction to a range of skills and disciplines, to provide a foundation for effective practice.
Participants who will attend the full course will receive a City Lit certificate of attendance electronically for their CV
or CPD records. The certificate will show your name, course title and dates of the course you have attended.
What will we cover?
• Introduction to Digital Marketing – understanding the landscape
• Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) basics
• Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising
• Content marketing essentials
• Social Media Marketing (SMM)
• Email marketing and marketing automation
• Analytics and data analysis
• Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO)
• Developing a Digital Marketing Strategy.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Conduct SEO keyword research
• Set up a Google Ads campaign
• Create a content calendar
• Plan and post on social media as a business
• Set up and run an email campaign
• Use Google Analytics to assess performance
• Create an outline for a basic digital marketing strategy.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is suitable for marketing professionals looking to upskill, business owners, and anyone who is looking to start a new career in digital marketing.
Strong familiarity with computers is required as well as experience with using various social media platforms.
You should be able to follow spoken instructions, read written instructions and information, and discuss work with your tutor in English.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course consists of demonstrations, practical activities, and discussions. One to one guidance and support will be given throughout.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs. A pen and paper to take notes.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Please click here to view all our Digital marketing and Social media courses.
Kate is an experienced digital marketer and UX (user experience) designer, who's worked in Australia, Hong Kong, and the UK. She's spent much of her career in large tech and telecommunications firms, working with the human end of cutting edge technologies. She has a Masters degree in UX Design from the University of Technology, Sydney and was trained by IBM in enterprise design thinking, Agile project management, Agile for marketing and Agile for AI projects. She's taught at the University of Hong Kong, and for Surf Lifesaving Australia - and suggests not getting bitten by a blue-ringed octopus.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.