Model and prop making
Model and prop making skills enhance every area of the creative arts. Get inspired by our courses designed to meet the needs of beginners and experienced practitioners alike.
Whether you are interested in creating objects for film, animation, theatre, retail display, photography, or fine art installations our model and prop making courses allow you to explore and develop the practical creative skills to make your ideas ‘come to life’.
From carving, sculpting and fabricating to mould making, casting, and finishing techniques, you can explore methods used by professionals to produce affective props and sets. Taught by practising professionals our hands-on courses are designed to help you explore, develop, refresh and enhance your skills.
For more information please contact Visual Arts: VisualArts@citylit.ac.uk
- Prop making for film, TV, theatre and displayCourse start date: Sat 17 Feb 2024
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Wendy ChandlerA good prop maker requires skills in model making, carving, fabrication, mould making and casting, and an ability to communicate, problem solve and work at speed both in the studio and on set. Practice makes perfect and this course is designed for you to practise and hone skills already learnt, build confidence in making and to discover new materials and techniques. This course is a continuation from ‘Introduction to Prop Making’ and offers the opportunity to develop skills previously learned on these introductory courses, and also learn new ones. However, this course is also accessible to total beginners.
Examples of employment where prop making skills can be applied:
• Film blockbusters: Such as Harry Potter, Star Wars and Aardman Animation.
• West End musicals: Lion King, War Horse and Hair Spray etc.
• Festivals: Glastonbury, Latitude, Noisily etc.
• Fringe Theatre in Edinburgh; Street Theatre at Royale de Luxe etc.
• Events: Notting Hill Carnival and many others.
• Puppetry at Blind Summit and others.
• Window displays: Such as Harvey Nichols, Selfridges, Harrods, Vivienne Westwood.
• Music videos/independent theatre companies etc.Full fee £449.00 Senior fee £359.00 Concession £292.00
Can't see a course you want?
Add this category to your waiting list to set up alerts and we will update you when new courses are released online.Add me to waiting list