What is the course about?
This course is designed to provide you with the tools and skills needed to start a career in digital marketing. We will explore several aspects of the digital marketing environment, including topics such as digital marketing analytics, search engine and social media marketing. On completion of the course, you will gain a richer understanding of the foundations of the digital landscape, concepts, and tools to help you start a new career.
What will we cover?
• Digital Marketing foundation
• Social Media Marketing
• Paid Search
• Digital Strategy.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Create and execute SEO campaigns
• Set up and manage paid search campaigns in Google AdWords
• Optimise organic social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Use Google Analytics to measure your digital performance
• Set up goals for you digital marketing activities and how to measure them.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is suitable for marketing professionals looking to upskill, business owners and anyone who is looking to start a new career in digital marketing. Strong familiarity with computers is required as well as experience with using various social media platforms.
You should be able to follow spoken instructions, read written instructions and information, and discuss work with your tutor in English.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course consists of demonstrations, practical activities and discussions. One to one guidance and support will be given throughout.
This course will be delivered online, and will involve tutor presentation and class discussion. Student preparation and homework outside class times is strongly encouraged. To fully participate in this online class you will need:
- An email address
- A reliable internet connection
- A computer/laptop/tablet with a fully updated browser (preferably google chrome). Your device will need a microphone, and preferably a camera.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Pen and paper.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Any of our social media, digital marketing or web development courses. Please see our prospectus for more details.