Draw, paint, print
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
Location: Keeley Street
What is the course about?
On this exciting course you will take your individual idea or image on a journey through different drawing and painting techniques to discover how the different processes effect the resulting art work.
We will explore hand-printing and monoprinting techniques as well as processes such as frottage and collage. The multiple cross overs between these art processes and drawing and painting will invigorate your image and create unexpected visual outcomes.
By building up sequences of images and manipulating them we hope to stimulate new ideas and
create a substantial portfolio of work over the term.
What will we cover?
- Different approaches to, and techniques of drawing, painting and hand printmaking
- How ideas for images emerge, develop and strategies to stimulate this process.
- How meaning can emerge through images, and be affected and changed by different materials and processes.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Experiment with mixing drawing, painting and print mediums
- Use several strategies that free-up your approach to making visual work
- Use a variety of processes to manipulate images
- Make informed editing decisions in terms of your own visual ideas.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
All skill levels welcome. The course is for anybody with an interest in art. For those with some experience who wish to take a fresh step and for those who so far have mainly just thought about making art.
You should be able to follow simple written and verbal instructions, demonstrations, hand-outs and health and safety information, and will be invited to take part in group discussion. You should be able to use numbers and be able to do simple measurements and calculations.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Presentations, demonstrations, practical work, individual and group tutoring, and group discussion.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
All materials are provided.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You may wish to further develop your work in printmaking -we offer a range of printmaking courses for all levels. Alternatively, this course can lead to working in collage and mixed media. There are a range of collage and mixed media courses occurring throughout the academic year.