ITEC Level 2 Award in Providing Facial Skincare (adults 21+)
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
Location: Kean Street Wellbeing Centre
Check your level
Course Code: FQQ20
Duration: 10 sessions (over 10 weeks)
What is the course about?
Learn how to give a professional facial skincare treatment, adapt and record the details of a treatment to the required standards as set down by the ITEC syllabus. Providing training with salon and mobile equipment, this course is perfect for the mobile and salon therapist alike.
On successful completion of the course students will gain the ITEC (International Therapy Examination Council) Level 2 Award in Provide Facial Skincare which will allow candidates to gain insurance via EMBODY (and many other insurance organisations) and practise facial skincare treatments professionally.
Theory exam date: TBC
Practical exam date: TBC
You are required to provide your own models for the Pre-practical (mock) Exam and the Practical exam (they can be the same person).
- You should be aware that a minimum of 90% attendance is necessary to complete the course.
- You are expected to participate to the best of your ability and to adhere to the colleges Equal Opportunities Policy
- The policies of the college will be discussed during the first session.
- Students are required to undertake and record 5 treatments over the duration of the course as per ITEC requirements and provide treatments in an open clinic setting during the course.
- Due to the nature of this course, you will not be entitled to transfer to a different course after the course has started.
What will we cover?
- Consultation procedures
- Skin analysis
- Cleansing, massage
- Application and removal of masks
- Adaptation of treatment to suit the client’s needs
- Providing aftercare advice
- Relevant Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
ITEC syllabus Unit 800 - Level 2 Award in Provide Facial Skincare
The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the facial treatments listed above as well as understanding the structures that the candidates will be working over in particular; recognition of skin types, skin and nail diseases and reasons that may affect whether a client should or should not be treated
- Opportunities for candidates to focus on the development of their wider skills in a massage therapy setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for candidates to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a Facial Skincare Therapist
Facial skincare – to include consultation, skin analysis, cleansing, massage, application and removal of masks, adaptation of treatment to suit the client’s needs and providing aftercare advice.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
ITEC Level 2 Award in Provide Facial Skincare
This course is open to learners over the age of 21 years of age. However we also accept applications from qualified massage practitioners who are between 19 and 21.
You will also need to have sufficient literacy, numeracy and ICT skills to include:
Be able to use different texts to obtain and summarise information
Use different styles, format and structure, formal and informal for different purposes or audiences
Write complex sentences with few errors
Be able to listen to information and respond appropriately
Present information clearly and adapt verbal contributions to suit the audience
Extract, interpret and create information from lists, tables, graphs and charts
Understand percentages and fractions
ICT (Information & communication technology):
You will be required to access online programmes such as Google Classroom.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This is a Blended Learning theoretical and practical course. The teaching methods will be: talk by tutor, pair work, group work, self study. The students will be encouraged to contribute to learning sessions. You will be required to complete theoretical and practical tasks and assignments as part of your home study, including e-learning assignments.
YOU WILL REQUIRE A MINIMUM OF 5 HOURS WORK EACH WEEK OUTSIDE OF CLASS TIME, TO COMPLETE AND WRITE UP THE TREATMENT EVIDENCE FORMS
- You will need to find clients to undertake case studies outside of the class time. You are also required to preform at least 5 practice treatments outside of class time and provide evidence.
- It is essential that you have access to a massage couch outside of class
There is a 25 question multiple choice exam and a practical examination.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You will be required to wear a uniform during your class sessions - this is non negotiable. City Lit will provide the uniform, and this is included in the course fee.
The college will provide you with a Facial Skin Care starter kit. You will be required to bring this to each class.
There may be other costs attached to this course, such as purchasing cotton wool pads, cotton buds etc. We will update our course outline as appropriate.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Students may want to go on to study other related therapies e.g. Indian Head Massage, Shiatsu, ITEC Level 3 Aromatherapy, ITEC Level 3 Reflexology or one of our many continued professional development courses.