French 2 lower: module 1
Time: 18:00 - 19:30
Location: Keeley Street
What is the course about?
This course will aim to consolidate and further develop your elementary knowledge of French. You will learn new structures and vocabulary around different topics. You will also learn more about the French speaking world. The emphasis will be placed on speaking and listening.
What will we cover?
- topics: your skills and centres of interest at work; work and life events.
- language point: revision and consolidation of the present tense; the passé composé; introduction to the imperfect; time markers; the interrogative; present tense of verbs savoir and connaitre; the imperative; jobs; skills; attributes; seasons and months; clothes; colours
- culture: French NGOs; French clichés.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- describe and share your skills and centres of interest
- talk about current and past habits
- give advice
- shop for things
- talk about the weather
Please note that the learning outcomes may vary depending on the general progress made by the students.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Suitable for those who have recently studied French for about a year or who have an equivalent knowledge of the language.
In order to join this course, you shouls be able to do the following:
- talk about your habits
- ask others about their habits
- talk about what you have done recently
- take part in real life short conversations.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Our courses are characterised by spoken interaction and communication. Typical activities include pair work, group work, role plays and games. A range of resources will be used to support your learning including presentations, hand-outs, and audio-visual material. Homework is highly recommended to consolidate learning.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Textbook and exercise book: Based on units 5-6 of Entre Nous 1, publisher emdl, ISBN number 978-84-8443-918-9.
Please try the European Bookshop by selecting 'City Lit' and the language you are studying at this web page or call them at 020 7734 5259. If you state on the website, by phone or in the shop that you are studying with us, you can claim a 10% discount. You might be asked for your student number.
Please note that you might not cover all the activities in the book during the course.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
French 2 lower: module 2 starting next term. Please enrol as soon as possible as places cannot be guaranteed. If you are unsure about what to do next, please ask your tutor for advice.