- Flash photography with speedlightCourse start date: Thu 8 Dec 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Kean Street Photography StudioTutors: Matthew WardLighten things up: join this practical course to learn the basics of using portable flash (speedlights) to enhance your images. Experiment creatively indoors and outdoors with different flash techniques, with a professional photographer on hand to guide you throughout.Full fee £89.00 Senior fee £89.00 Concession £89.00
- QA Level 3 Award in Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (RQF)Course start date: Thu 12 Jan 2023 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Lydia MutareBecome a certified Mental Health First Aid practitioner through this current and comprehensive course. Did you know that 1 in 4 adults in the UK experience at least one diagnosable mental health issue in any given year? Mental health is just as important as physical health, yet many of us do not know how to take care of our mental health.Full fee £219.00 Senior fee £219.00 Concession £153.00
- Certificate in counselling skillsCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 4 other dates)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Diana Pigott, Ana WellbrookThe application process for this course is now closed.
Do you want to develop counselling skills for paid or voluntary work? This course includes occasional weekend sessions which you will be required to join and one compulsory residential trip away.
In order to apply for this course, please ensure that:
• you have (or will have) completed an introductory counselling course of 30 hours, with an attendance record of at least 80% (within the last three years).
• you have completed an introductory counselling course of 30 hours with an attendance record of at least 70% AND you have completed a ‘Counselling introduction: advanced’ course (or equivalent) with an attendance record of at least 80% (within the last three years)
• you are able to speak and write fluently in English (level 2/GCSE).
- Diploma in therapeutic counselling: Integrative PathwayCourse start date: Wed 15 Sep 2021 (and 4 other dates)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreThe application process for this course is now closed.
You will need to have completed a level 3 certificate in counselling skills course (minimum 145GLH) within the last three years to be eligible to apply. This two-year course awarded by ABC Awards qualifies you to practise as a counsellor.
The course fee is £2225, plus an upfront fee of £2374 payable at the time of your enrolment.
If you are unable to pay the course fee upfront, you can choose to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan from Student Finance England (SFE) to help cover the cost, repayable after the course ends. You can find more information about the Advanced Learner Loan www.citylit.ac.uk/advanced-learner-loans
If you are unable to pay the upfront fee, you can talk to our Information, Advice and Guidance team who will advise you on other financial support available. You can contact the Advice and Guidance Team by phone on 020 7492 2500 or by email: email@example.com
For more information, please call Psychology, Counselling & Personal Development on 020 7492 2530.
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy: fast-trackCourse start date: Sun 15 Jan 2023
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Ameena RahmanTrain to practise aromatherapy professionally. This is a FASTRACK, low cost course taught by experienced industry professionals. You must have completed the 'ITEC level 3 diploma in massage' or equivalent and preferably have attended an introductory course in aromatherapy. There is one session per week on this course. It is every Sunday for 12 weeks.
The course fee is £919 payable at the time of your enrolment. If you are unable to pay the course fees, you can choose to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan from Student Finance England (SFE) to help cover the course fee, repayable after the course ends. You can find more information about the Advanced Learner Loan www.citylit.ac.uk/advanced-learner-loans
For more information, please call Health & Wellbeing on 020 7492 2622.
Can't see a course you want?
Add this category to your waiting list to set up alerts and we will update you when new courses are released online.Add me to waiting list