What is the course about?
Using social media is great for business and personal use. However, it can become very time consuming or frustrating. This course is designed to offer some helpful advice and techniques on how to use social media smarter, faster, and better.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Writing a Social Media Business Strategy and how to stick to it
• Time-saving tips and tricks for using social media
• Creating social media content from nothing for an entire year
• Learn to use third-party applications that can help you execute your social media strategy - Hootsuite, Bitly, Phonto, Cinegraphic and more
• Scheduling and creating content that will be seen by more followers
• Gaining followers and reach without having to buy it!
• Boosting a post and creating an ad with a target audience.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Write a social media strategy for the next 6-12 months that you can implement immediately
• Create automatic scheduling to help you with time management
• Track clicks to your website using shortlinks
• Enhance social media content photos and videos
• Save time in posting by using mobile applications
• Gain followers and reach without having to buy it!
• “Boost” a post and create an ad with a target audience.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is suitable for students who have completed Social Media for Business: introduction or have a firm understanding of how to use LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter. Learners should be confident on logging in, posting live messages and checking notifications.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This class will focus on social media platforms and will be taught from a practical and theoretical perspective. The instructor will use a presentation and online examples, students are welcome to bring their smart phone to download the applications taught in class. It will also incorporate other websites, students may find it useful to take notes. Handouts will be provided.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You should have access to your existing social media account(s) with their log in details. If you don’t have existing account(s) you will need to have a valid email address and its password to sign up for a new account. This will help you to practice the course content during the class and gain valuable hands-on experience. Course handouts will be provided by your tutor.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Social media for business: intermediate, social media content strategy, social media marketing in a day, social media for advertising: a detailed introduction, Twitter for business, Facebook for business, Using Instagram for business: introduction.