What is the course about?
This course is aimed at people who want to use social media for personal or business, but classify themselves as beginners. You will learn about social media, why we use it and how it has become the easiest way to communicate with friends or promote a business. We will look at LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. You’ll get opportunities to practice your social media skills during lessons.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• You will learn how to use the major social media services including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. We will explain the power of social media and how it can be used to help your business or keep in touch with people in your life. It can help benefit your business by tapping into new audiences.
• Create an account with the key social media sites LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter.
• Become comfortable with the layout of the screens and how to navigate around the site.
• Spend time in class using these three platforms with hands-on activities. We will also discuss Pinterest and how this can be used as further social media for your business.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Use social media with confidence, appreciate privacy and overcome a fear of social media
• Set up and use a LinkedIn account, a Facebook account and a Twitter account
• Log into your accounts and post information.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This class is suitable for learners who have never used social media. If you have set up an account but still have never regularly used it, this is the course for you.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course consists of demonstrations, practical activities and discussions. One to one guidance and support will be given throughout. Each student can use a computer or a laptop (but not mobiles or iPads/tablets) in order to set up their social media accounts.
• Class 1 is an overview of using social media for business and personal
• Class 2 is LinkedIn
• Class 3 is Facebook
• Class 4 is Twitter
• Class 5 is Pinterest.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You should have access to your existing social media account(s) with their log in details. If you don’t have existing account(s) you will need to have a valid email address and its password to sign up for a new account. This will help you to practice the course content during the class and gain valuable hands-on experience. Course handouts will be provided by your tutor.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Social media for business: intermediate, Social media apps, tips & tricks, Social media content strategy, Instagram for business: introduction, Twitter for business, Facebook for business, LinkedIn: a detailed introduction, Blogging: write your own blog using WordPress, Video blogging with YouTube.