Voice and Speech classes at City Lit
- When you speak does your voice reach the back of the room?
- Do you wish you could speak in public with more confidence?
- Are you preparing to give a presentation?
- Would you like to present your own radio show?
- Are you confident presenting online?
Voice skills are not just for actors, they are for anyone who wishes to unlock the full expressive potential of their voice. At City Lit we have a wide range of courses which help you to explore and unlock the power of your speaking voice. The list of courses below are grouped by subject area, just click on each link to read the full course description online and don’t forget, multiple class-times may be available, look out for the drop-down arrow where it says "Please choose a course date".
New courses reflect the growing need and interest in work communications online. Learn how to communicate your ideas fluently and persuasively to enhance your impact on others. Business communication skills include motivating, influencing, negotiating, overcoming objections and developing an effective personal style. Develop the online skills required to organise and communicate ideas in a clear and compelling manner and enhance personal credibility and impact.
If you are new to voice classes, you are advised to choose one of our Technical Skills Classes first to learn the basics of healthy voice use. You are also most welcome to contact email@example.com for help and advice in choosing the exact course for your needs.
TECHNICAL SKILLS COURSES
Explore your voice and learn about healthy vocal technique and expression.
- Voice technique: beginners
- Voice technique: improvers
- Improve your speaking voice
- Reading English literature aloud: 19th century
- Storytelling for business and pleasure 1
- Speak Shakespeare monologues and scenes: tragedies
- Use your voice assertively
- The holistic voice
PROFESSIONAL VOCAL SKILLS FOR ACTORS
- Accents: London, General American and British regional
- Accents: standard English level 2
- Accents: North American standard and regional
- Narration skills: intensive
- Actor's voice: introduction
PRONUNCIATION FOR SPEAKERS OF OTHER LANGUAGES
Help with patterns and sounds which are unique to the English language
PROFESSIONAL VOICE TRAINING FOR BUSINESS
Specialist courses for professional application
- Communicating effectively at work
- Communicate with confidence through voice and body language
- Public speaking
- Public speaking (online)
- Presenting on the spot
- Presenting on the spot: advanced
- Self-presentation skills for business people
- The art of negotiating
- Debating: beginners
- Debating: improvers
- Debating: intensive
VOICEOVER AND RADIO PRESENTING
Specialist courses for those with previous voice training
- Acting for radio and podcast dramas: beginners
- Acting for radio: theatre comany
- Character voices
- Narration for podcast and documentary
- Narration for podcast and documentary (intensive)
- Radio presenting: beginners
- Radio presenting: beginners (online)
- Radio and podcast presenting: improvers
- Radio and podcast presenting: improvers (online)
- Use your voice for audio books and talking newspapers
- Voiceovers: introduction
- Voiceovers: beginners
- Voiceovers: improvers
- Voiceovers: advanced
- Voiceovers: professional practice