Items 1-15 of 20
- Clothes making IIIFull fee £259.00 Senior fee £207.00 Concession £158.00
- Introduction to screenprintingCourse start date: Fri 6 May 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Claire HyndsThis course is a creative and practical introduction to the screen printing process aimed at beginners and the curious. You will learn step by step how to make your own series of prints using a variety of exciting techniques.
- Photography for beginnersCourse start date: Tue 26 Apr 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Photography StudioTutors: Michael HardingAlways wondered what half the buttons on your camera actually do? Discover how to use them properly and produce impressive photographs, even as a complete beginner. Gain useful technical knowledge and get expert creative guidance in easy-to-understand language. An ideal first step before enrolling on our intermediate courses.Full fee £309.00 Senior fee £247.00 Concession £188.00
- Drawing 1Course start date: Thu 5 May 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Andrea VoiseyExplore the creative possibilities of drawing, gain confidence and broaden your expectations and understanding. Learn and develop key drawing concepts: function of line, tone, texture, form, composition and mark making through a carefully structured approach.
- Life drawing after workCourse start date: Tue 26 Apr 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Luke JonesA fun, relaxed and shorter life drawing class better suited for people coming straight from work. You will be able to work from a variety of models, in a range of materials and with a variety of poses.
- Mixed media drawing and collageCourse start date: Fri 29 Apr 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Ruth BrisonExplore mixed-media techniques and composition using drawing, painting and collage. Looking at artists' work and developing personal themes, you will experiment with materials, processes and image making. Some drawing experience would be an advantage.
- Get skills in: colour pastel drawing techniquesCourse start date: Mon 25 Apr 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Kim ScoullerExplore the versatility and rich colours of this beautiful drawing and painting medium. Through practical exercises, discover its potential to create a variety of surface effects and its suitability for sketching and outdoor colour work.Full fee £149.00 Senior fee £119.00 Concession £91.00
- Start drawingCourse start date: Tue 3 May 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetExplore traditional and less traditional methods of drawing simple objects. Using structured activities, we will introduce key concepts such as line, tone, composition and mark making. Ideal if you have little or no drawing experience; a great way to learn the basics or prepare for longer courses.
- Cut, stab and etch: printmaking with linocutsCourse start date: Fri 29 Apr 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Lisa CradduckCut, stab and etch your way to dynamic blocks and exciting prints. Practical instruction in both traditional and inventive linocut techniques, including the reduction method developed by Picasso, multiple block printing and Polish dot linocut.
- Ways into abstract paintingCourse start date: Fri 29 Apr 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Mario Lautier VellaEncounter different approaches to making abstract paintings while developing your skills in using a variety of painting materials. With reference to the work of abstract artists explore the visual language common to both representation and abstraction, e.g. colour, composition, tone and paint application.
- Introduction to jewellery makingCourse start date: Tue 26 Apr 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetLearn the basic processes and techniques for working in metal so that you can make simple items of jewellery. For beginners or students with some experience as a refresher.
- Jewellery making: all levelsCourse start date: Sat 30 Apr 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetEver wanted to turn your hand to making your own jewellery? Or done it before and would like to hone your skills with a professional tutor? From beginners to experienced jewellers, come and practise making metal jewellery to your own designs, whether you're picking up the basics of cutting, forming and texturing, or taking your designs to the next level with complex approaches such as chain-making.
- Introduction to clothes makingCourse start date: Fri 29 Apr 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Silvia SacrestanoLearn how to make your own clothes. This beginner's course will teach you how to use the sewing machine, as well as basic sewing techniques and processes. You will start with sampling, then construct a simple garment.
- City Lit bookbindingCourse start date: Tue 28 Sep 2021 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Sue DoggettStep into bookbinding with this three-term course. Learn essential techniques and develop skills in using tools and materials to produce your own work. A stimulating, challenging and comprehensive introduction for beginners.Full fee £1,159.00 Senior fee £927.00 Concession £753.00
- City Lit fine jewelleryCourse start date: Tue 5 Oct 2021 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Elizabeth Bone, Rae Duncan, Emilia Netto, Katrin SprangerDevelop your jewellery design and making on this year-long advanced evening course. From idea to product, finesse your technical skills, discover your design identity and approach professional practice and presentation, with the guidance of expert tutors.
Can't see a course you want?
Add this category to your waiting list to set up alerts and we will update you when new courses are released online.Add me to waiting list