What is the course about?
This course aims to introduce you to the various festivals that take place in Japan throughout the year and the way Japanese people celebrate.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Japan's calendar of festivals and the different ways to celebrate, including paper craft and songs.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- List the various celebrations held in Japan and explain their meaning.
- Use paper craft to illustrate various festivals.
- Relate songs to each festival and explain their meaning.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
All levels are welcome. This course is delivered in English.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- pair and group work
- use of authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques
Please note, all students are expected to participate in the various activities.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
No, all materials provided by the tutor.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Please ask your tutor or check our web pages. We run language courses at various levels as well as several workshops.