Items 1-15 of 552
- Taster: Meet the VictoriansCourse start date: Mon 5 Sep 2022
Location on this date: OnlineTutors: Ellen CarpenterJoin us for a taster session in which we will explore the complex, enquiring and sometimes contradictory world of the Victorians, whose science, engineering, and development of industrial innovations changed the landscapes of Britain and the lives of its people.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.Full fee £10.00 Senior fee £10.00 Concession £10.00
- Massage: an introduction (access to level 3)Course start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 3 other dates)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Hilary LyonsDiscover how massage can relieve stress and promote relaxation and healing through touch. Learn techniques to perform on family and friends. Suitable for those with a general interest or wishing to progress on to a qualification.
- Certificate in counselling skillsCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 3 other dates)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Constance Ffrench, Edna Ogundare, Diana PigottThe application process for this course is now closed.
Do you want to develop counselling skills for paid or voluntary work? This course includes occasional weekend sessions which you will be required to join and one compulsory residential trip away.
In order to apply for this course, please ensure that:
• you have (or will have) completed an introductory counselling course of 30 hours, with an attendance record of at least 80% (within the last three years).
• you have completed an introductory counselling course of 30 hours with an attendance record of at least 70% AND you have completed a ‘Counselling introduction: advanced’ course (or equivalent) with an attendance record of at least 80% (within the last three years)
• you are able to speak and write fluently in English (level 2/GCSE).
- Portraits 1Course start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Brian SayersThis course aims to introduce you to this fascinating genre in both drawing and painting portraits through practical experience of the basic skills and concepts involved, including structure and proportion of the head and features, tone, colour, pose and expression.
- Using Apple Mac OS: short introductionCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Michael HardingLearn about Apple Mac computers: the desktop, layout and environment, how to open, save and close files, and navigate the operating system.Full fee £49.00 Senior fee £39.00 Concession £32.00
- Foundation diploma in art and designCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: MultipleThe UAL Foundation Diploma in Art & Design at City Lit is an exciting and challenging multi-disciplinary art, design, craft and media programme. It is designed to give you the best possible introduction to a wide range of materials, techniques and processes, and to support you in identifying and developing your creative interests and thinking. Validated by the University of the Arts London Awarding Body, it is an internationally recognised qualification with a UCAS tariff that enables you to apply directly to University.
The course fee is £5421, plus an upfront fee of £100 payable at the time of your enrolment. If you are unable to pay the course fees, you can choose to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan from Student Finance England (SFE) to help cover the course fee, repayable after the course ends. A deposit of £200 is also payable to secure your place (refundable after you complete the course). You can find more information about the Advanced Learner Loan www.citylit.ac.uk/advanced-learner-loans
For more information, please call Art Foundation (pre 1920) on 020 7492 2700/2703.Full fee £5,521.00 Senior fee £5,521.00 Concession £5,521.00
- Drawing: ink and wash techniquesCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Jack DuplockThe immediacy and versatility of ink and wash is perfect for those sketching on location, for designers and for students interested in watercolour techniques. Take the opportunity to explore the basic techniques of this exciting process.Full fee £169.00 Senior fee £135.00 Concession £110.00
- Explore figure and portraitCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Rebecca AllenThis one day course will give you a basic introduction to sketching the figure and portrait from observation of the life model. Suitable for absolute beginners.Full fee £10.00 Senior fee £10.00 Concession £10.00
- Contemporary printmaking studio: focus on courage to playCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Thomas GosebruchExplore and develop personal work using traditional printmaking methods with a contemporary approach. All levels of experience welcome. Beginners will follow a step-by-step introduction to a range of processes; those with experience can develop personal projects with expert guidance.Full fee £749.00 Senior fee £599.00 Concession £487.00
- Music history quizCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Edward BreenStart the new term with a short lively classical music quiz.Full fee £0.00 Senior fee £0.00 Concession £0.00
- Lipreading taster sessionCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 5 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley Street (other locations are available)Tutors: Nicola HicksCome along to this free, fun taster session to experience what a lipreading class is like. Aimed at those who use spoken English as their main means of communication. Suitable for people who have little or no knowledge of lipreading.
This course will be taught in spoken English and not in sign language.
- Clay sculpture: life and portraitCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Alexandra HarleyFollow in the footsteps of Michelangelo and Rodin and learn how to capture the human figure, both physically and emotionally, on this fascinating practical sculpting course. You will work from a life model to develop your own clay sculpture of the human form.
- Holistic massage: taster workshopCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Oge OkohInterested in massage but don't know where to begin? Why not try this general introduction to massage! Learn about the many benefits of massage, as well as basic massage techniques to use on friends and family.
- Drawing from plants and flowersCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetMake wonderful drawings in colour and black and white from a range of flowers and plants. Taking the rich and varied history of drawing plants and flowers in different traditions for inspiration. Working with the expressive and colourful medium of both soft and oil pastels, you will respond to the colours and textures of plants and flowers. Suitable for all levels, this course involves making composition studies, leading up to a final, larger, more resolved piece.
- Try it out: calligraphy, modern copperplateCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Veiko KespersaksThis short workshop will guide you through the basics of Modern Copperplate Calligraphy, as influenced by historical copperplate handwriting. Once the artform of expert craftsman, calligraphy is now a popular artistic outlet, flexible enough to reflect the personality, style, and creativity of every individual – everyone can learn it and have a lot of fun while doing so! Suitable for left-handers and right-handers.Full fee £49.00 Senior fee £49.00 Concession £49.00
Can't see a course you want?
Add this category to your waiting list to set up alerts and we will update you when new courses are released online.Add me to waiting list