Social media advertising: a detailed introduction
Time: 10:00 - 13:00
This course is FREE if a) you live in London and your job is at risk of redundancy or b) you are either on Jobseekers' Allowance (JSA) or Employment & Support Allowance(ESA) or c) you receive other state benefits (including Universal Credit) and your monthly take home pay is less than £343. For more information click here
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: CSMAD01
Duration: 2 sessions (over 2 weeks)
What is the course about?
This course is aimed at beginners who are looking to learn about social media advertising. If you’re already investing in social media but want to achieve better return on your investment, this course is for you. Building on your existing social media knowledge, this course will help you to learn to get more out of the major social media channels - Facebook, Twitter and Instagram - through advertising.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Be acquainted with the platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and advertising opportunities
• Learn about available ad formats
• Choosing relevant targeting and audience options
• Managing and measuring social media advertising
• How Social Advertising fits into your wider strategy.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Identify which social media platforms are right for your organisation
• Discover the different types of advertising options available
• Learn to create best practice content for social ads
• Target the most relevant audience through ads
• Recognise how to buy and manage social ads
• Define and measure your social advertising
• Launch your social media advertising campaign.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an introductory course for social media users who are new to social media advertising.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course consists of demonstrations, practical activities and discussions. Course handouts will be provided. One to one guidance and support will be given throughout.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You should have access to your existing social media account(s). If you don’t have existing account(s) you will need to have a valid email address to sign up for a new account. This will help you to practice the course content during the class and gain valuable hands-on experience.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Developing a marketing strategy, Introduction to online marketing.
Manideepa has over 12 years of experience in social media strategy, planning and analytics. She has worked with leading brands and marketing agencies. Manideepa is passionate about social media and enjoys the qualitative aspect of social data and how it can bring a brand closer to real-time consumer insights. She has a master's degree in Strategic Marketing from Cranfield University. She has been teaching social media courses at CityLit for the past 3 years. Her approach is interactive teaching by encouraging learners to actively participate in the class.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.