Social media for business: intermediate
Time: 14:00 - 17:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: CWSE02
Duration: 4 sessions (over 4 weeks)
What is the course about?
If you’re already investing in social media but want to achieve better results, this course is for you. Building on your existing knowledge, this course will help you to learn to get more out of the major social media channels - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram.This course is suitable for people with previous social media experience and basic understanding of social media. Pre-existing social media profiles are a prerequisite for the course.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Introduction to social media marketing
• Social media strategy and planning
• Content strategy and planning
• Ecommerce on social media
• Running ads on social media
• Latest social media trends
• Best practice case studies.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Set up social media strategy
• Plan your social media activity
• Plan your content strategy
• Learn how social media can support your wider marketing activities
• Grow your audience and increase social media following
• Increase engagement and connect with audience
• Drive sales through your social media traffic
• Learn about latest trends in social media
• Place targeted ads on social media to reach your target audience
• Best practice and case studies for various social channels.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an advanced level course. You should already have basic understanding of social media to be able to fully understand the course. You should be able to follow spoken instructions, read written instructions and information, and discuss work with your tutor in English.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course consists of demonstrations, practical activities and discussions. Course handouts will be provided by your tutor. One to one guidance and support will be given throughout.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You should have access to your existing social media account(s). If you don’t have existing account(s) you will need to have a valid email address and its password to sign up for a new account. This will help you to practice the course content during the class and gain valuable hands-on experience.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Manideepa has over 12 years of experience in social media strategy, planning and analytics. She has worked with leading brands and marketing agencies. Manideepa is passionate about social media and enjoys the qualitative aspect of social data and how it can bring a brand closer to real-time consumer insights. She has a master's degree in Strategic Marketing from Cranfield University. She has been teaching social media courses at CityLit for the past 3 years. Her approach is interactive teaching by encouraging learners to actively participate in the class.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.