Items 1-15 of 18
- Drawing 2Course start date: Mon 9 Jan 2023 (and 7 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Brian SayersDevelop your knowledge of basic drawing skills and concepts, work with a range of media and approaches, and explore various artists' drawings. Produce exciting and personal images, and build confidence in tackling more complex drawings.
- Painting 1Course start date: Fri 16 Sep 2022 (and 5 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Kim ScoullerPainting 1 offers an introduction to the basic principles and skills associated with painting. Focus on differing approaches to observational and imaginative work, whilst learning how to organise a palette, mix colours and create different textures.
- Introduction to pattern cutting IICourse start date: Thu 12 Jan 2023
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Rachel SelormeyLearn introductory skills and techniques of pattern cutting to understand how to draft your garment from a design. Expand your knowledge as you learn how drape, adapt blocks, manipulate patterns and understanding garment fitting and shape.
This course is suitable for learners with a little pattern cutting knowledge or you have experience of sewing clothing.
- Beginners' bookbinding: evening courseFull fee £359.00 Senior fee £287.00 Concession £233.00
- Drawing 1Course start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 8 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Ute KreymanExplore the creative possibilities of drawing, gain confidence and broaden your expectations and understanding. Learn and develop key drawing concepts: function of line, tone, texture, form, composition and mark making through a carefully structured approach.
- Metal sculpture all levelsCourse start date: Mon 16 Jan 2023 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Andrew RevellLearn the techniques required in making sculptural/functional objects in different metals: cutting, bending, welding and joining. Materials and expert guidance are provided, but you are welcome to bring your own project ideas and metal items. For beginners or those with some prior experience.
- Calligraphy: modern copperplateCourse start date: Mon 26 Sep 2022 (and 3 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Veiko KespersaksLearn how to write elegant letterforms using a pointed pen with ink. Once you have learnt how to write a basic copperplate alphabet, we will begin breaking the rules of traditional calligraphy to find a style that is all your own. The course is suitable for beginners as well as improvers, and both left-handers and right-handers.
- Calligraphy and illuminationCourse start date: Tue 27 Sep 2022 (and 4 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Emiko HashiguchiLearn how to write beautifully with a dip pen and design and produce a piece of work with illuminated letters using colour and gold leaf. All levels.
- Introduction to prop making for film, TV, theatre and displayCourse start date: Fri 20 Jan 2023 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Ro SylvesterDo you ever dream of conjuring up the props for Harry Potter, Doctor Who or West End musicals? Are you an
animator who wants to make props for your animation film, or are you interested in a career in window display? You will explore techniques used by the professionals to produce effective props and sets. Get hands-on experience of
sculpting, fabricating, casting, mould making and using paint effects. Learn about the demands of the industry from a
specialist tutor, and have a go at translating your own ideas into 3D. This course can be a stand alone introduction to the techniques of prop making or you can progress onto part 2 in the summer term. https://www.citylit.ac.uk/blog/introduction-career-prop-making.Full fee £389.00 Senior fee £311.00 Concession £253.00
- Art and design portfolio projectsCourse start date: Mon 26 Sep 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Marcus RichardsExplore art and design projects in drawing, painting, model making and mixed media to confidently develop your personal ideas. Investigate ways of recording ideas and imagery through experimental sketchbooks and other formats to build a diverse portfolio of creative work.
- Documentary filmmaking: focus on essential techniques for high impact short filmmakingCourse start date: Thu 26 Jan 2023
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Lily MarkiewiczDocumentary-style films are the most popular genre on Social Media, on TV, and in Film festivals. Come and learn the essential techniques that make a gripping documentary.Full fee £389.00 Senior fee £311.00 Concession £253.00
- Contemporary sketchbook: mixed media, ideas and projectsCourse start date: Fri 7 Oct 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Ruth BrisonContemporary mixed media sketchbook explores the possibilities of working with personal themes and stories that are part of your life and examines how you could develop them in greater depth, through expressive visual techniques.
Inspired by personal passions, family history, as well as ongoing ideas, you will work with different materials and techniques that will enable you to explore these ideas further, in many directions, whilst bringing a diversity and richness to your sketchbooks.Full fee £389.00 Senior fee £311.00 Concession £253.00
- Painting 2Course start date: Mon 30 Jan 2023 (and 4 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Amanda BrackenCovers themes similar to those in 'Painting course 1', but in more depth and with a stronger emphasis on experimentation. Suitable if you already have some experience in painting. Basic materials included.
- Printmaking workshop: focus on colourCourse start date: Tue 11 Oct 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Kath CastilloA course for intermediate and experienced printmakers wanting to build on previous experience and experiment with process to consolidate and hone technical skills. The focus is on colour application, advanced intaglio processes, realising personal projects and the production of high quality prints.
- Life drawing: an extended studyFull fee £359.00 Senior fee £287.00 Concession £233.00
Can't see a course you want?
Add this category to your waiting list to set up alerts and we will update you when new courses are released online.Add me to waiting list