French 2 upper at a gentle pace: module 2
Time: 14:30 - 16:15
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LF203
Duration: 10 sessions (over 10 weeks)
What is the course about?
This course aims to further improve your lower intermediate French, at a gentle pace. You will build up your confidence by learning the language gradually with the emphasis on speaking and listening.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- topics: lifestyle; health; customs and traditions; the environment.
- language points: giving advice( il faut, on doit, on pourrait…); the conditional present; different places of adjectives; demonstrative pronouns; relative pronouns qui and que; pour to express an objective; polite expressions to converse; vocabulary related to living together in harmony; vocabulary related to the protection of the environment.
- culture: alternative lifestyles; the French speaking world and their differences.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- talk and discuss lifestyles
- talk about solutions to make the world a better place
- talk on a varierty of topics with greater accuracy and fluency
Please note that the learning outcomes may vary depending on the general progress made by the students.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Students should have completed French 2 upper at a gentle pace: module 1 or have recently done two years of French. It is also essential that you have some knowledge of basic grammar terminology (e.g verb, noun, conjugation). Please note this course goes at a slower pace than our standard courses.
In order to join the course, you should be able to do the following:
- speak about your life
- exchange key moments in your life
- exchange about lifestyles
- talk about the future with confidence.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This course offers a friendly and relaxed atmosphere which will enable you to learn at your own pace. Your tutor will use a range of teaching strategies to ensure that you gradually build up your confidence in speaking and listening. Throughout the course, you will receive learning tips on how to speak in groups more effectively and independently (without relying on your notes). You will practise listening to spoken language in ways that will maximise your understanding. There will be activities and advice to help you retain vocabulary. Homework is highly recommended to consolidate learning.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Textbook and exercise book: Based on units 5-6 of Entre Nous 2, publisher emdl, ISBN number ISBN 978-84-8443-927-1 Please try the European Bookshop by selecting 'City Lit' and the language you are studying at this web page or call them at 020 7734 5259. If you state on the website, by phone or in the shop that you are studying with us, you can claim a 10% discount. You might be asked for your student number.
Please note that you might not cover all the activities in the book during the course.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
A French 2 upper at a gentle pace: module 3 course, starting next term. If you are unsure about what to do next, please ask your tutor for advice. Please enrol as soon as possible as places cannot be guaranteed.
Magali was born in France where she lived until 1997. Shortly after moving to the UK, she started teaching French as a Foreign Language. She has over 20 years experience teaching adults both at the City Lit and in a variety of educaional settings. Magali is passionate about languages and teaching. She is the perfect option for those looking for expertise whilst learning in a relaxed yet supportive environment.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.