What is the course about?
This one day ‘hands on’ workshop will give you the opportunity to build your skills and confidence to work with commonly diagnosed lower shoulder complaints. Throughout the day you will have opportunities to develop your skills including the use of advanced remedial massage techniques.
What will we cover?
• Review of functional anatomy of the shoulder and associated areas
• Contraindications to treatment
• Stages of tissue injury and what to do
• Assessing your client
• Common shoulder complaints
• Advanced remedial massage techniques
• Exercise ideas to support your client.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Discuss functional anatomy of the shoulder and associated areas
• Identify the stages of tissue repair and treatment protocol
• Discuss the importance of assessing your client prior to treatment
• Outline and perform treatment protocol for diagnosed shoulder complaint
• Perform advanced remedial massage techniques
• Identify exercise ideas to support client with diagnosed shoulder complaint.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is designed for those who hold a Level 3 or above qualification in Massage, Aromatherapy or Sports Massage.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This is a one day course, it is recommended that you review anatomy related to the lower back before attending.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Bring massage equipment (couch supplied)
Suitable clothing to give and receive massage
Pen and paper for making notes.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
A range of other CPD courses for professional therapists is available, such as: Advanced massage using Sports Massage techniques; Deep Tissue massage for Professionals; Practitioners Certificate in Japanese Facial Rejuvenation.